Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hello my lovelies, 
Today I wanted to touch upon a subject that I get asked when I am approached by a old friends, current friends, family, and people I have not seen since the 9th grade.  
Why did I decided to cut off my hair, now you see ladies and gentlemens, for some weird reason in society if you are biologically a woman and you cut your hair oh I don't know, maybe like a bob, people are going to question your ways and why you decided to take this route. 
In this society there is some sort of stigma that if a woman chops off a good length of hair she is going through some traumatic crisis. 
I am here to tell you that is not the case (sorry). 

I had first cut my hair in January of last year, with around 6-7 inches of hair when it was curly. 

This photo was one of my Facebook profiles.
As you can see in the photo above I have pretty long hair. I think it is an in between of 3a and 3b hair. For those who don't know, you hair type is categorized with a number and a letter and there are certian aspects you have to consider depending on the type of hair you have. Anyways, in January of 2014, I had this sudden urge to chop off all my hair just because I wanted to. I know what you all might be thinking, why would a woman want to deliberately cut her hair, well you see in the 21st century women are allowed to want things and put them into action. 

This is the FB photo I put up same day I cut my hair.
 When I did cut my hair, I had a very stubborn hairstylist who would refuse to cut my curly mane so short which was so frustrating and I ended up never going there again because she would listen to what I wanted.

I had went to a Dominican lady for a few months after but since it was such a small establishment, she didn't have the tools that were needed to accomplish the hair I wanted. So I left and searched for a different salon before my hair got too long. 

My hair was turning into a short curly bob and I was very frustrated and angry because if the first lady would had done it right, it would had stayed in the range of pixie. 

I finally found this super hipster salon to cut my hair really fantastic-even though I had to pay a little more, which ticked me off a little- Jessica, my stylist, had made the sides even keep a bit of hair on the top and it was great. 








I loved the way she cut it and everything but then my issue was that my curls would not behave and I saw Kennedy Grace (@wtfkennedy is her instagram) had shaved her head so I thought I would try it as well.







There is something about shaving your head, it's so freeing and honestly I think it's beautiful because it shows off the person's face and I find faces pretty when hair isn't all up in there. I really enjoy it a lot.

When I first went out I obviously got stared at but, when I asked for permission to shave it I told my mother that I would not deny my fellow Americans the simple act of staring at a beautiful creature like myself. I stare at people all the time and I have a grand ol' time. Even though the human race is full of not nice people that's okay because I didn't shave it for them, and I am happy with my hair.

Bottom line is, I cut and shaved my head because I can. I love not having so much hair because it's different and I like change. So if you decide to change your hair whether it would be to grow it out or cut all off, remember to do it for you because no one else is living your life, you are.

Thanks for reading,

Samantha Billings



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any photos, videos, or music unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.