Friday, April 10, 2015

Hello my lovely readers,
personally I don't even know how to begin this post. Most younger women such as myself are often excited to talk about this topic but for some reason, I am not all that excited. 

Okay... let's talk about tattoo's. So when I hear the words I think art, expression, individuality, and a lot of mystical meanings. Some might think young, foolish, immature, waste of money, rebellion, and all these other negative connotation. Others think it's just a tattoo. Which is fine, but why is it that getting a tattoo is a big deal? I am not talking about planning the tattoo, I am talking about planning you life after the tattoo. Which may not seem like a big deal for some people but then is for others. 

I wrote an essay about people who either can't get jobs because they had tattoos and how there is no protection for that, also I presented this argument in 10th grade even though my horrible English teacher didn't really care to listen to my group's argument and support. I guess she felt that it wasn't as important as human trafficking; which is not equally as important but deserved the same amount of attention. I remember this really annoying, know it all girl said that she wouldn't let her child go to a pediatrician that looked like Birdman.  I would have liked to say to her that she rather go to a pediatrician that looks the part but treats you child for polio when your kid just has a little cold, but unfortunately our Jesus freak teacher cut us off and told us to take our seats. 

Personally I feel like that is just as bad as saying you don't want an Indian doctor looking at your kid because of what they have on their skin. I could careless what doctors have on their skin, just get whatever needs to be done and make sure it's right. 

It's an unfortunate truth that many people think like that 16 anal retentive girl. I don't really know where the thought is heading in the years to come because my generation can be super open-minded but at the same time so closed and narrow minded. I know what a lot of adults are thinking though and I hear you. You think that this is some sort of rebellion and revelation for your kids, that we have too many privileges, and how we want too much. Well I get it, you really just want us to be normal heterosexual with clear skin, two and half kids, and all that other social norm bull crap beings that you grew up to know and love. I am not trying to attack the belief systems of others, I am not trying to change reasoning's, I am simply talking.

I think it would be preposterous to get a tattoo in spite of someone, what would I gain from that? Pride? I think I have enough of that already, I feel like tattoo's are something that should be experienced but are often not and that's okay too. There are many indulgences in this world that should be explored but are often prevented because of what other's will do or think. It's hard to learn to not give a crap about what people think about you especially family. But at the end of the day you're the person living with either the regret or the satisfaction about a new experience. 

By the way, I totally want a tattoo or five in the near to distant future.

Thanks for reading, feel free to follow me on Google+.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any photos, videos, or music unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.